This relentless rain has started to ebb, and has left in its wake a gorgeous double rainbow, seen from Rockmart to Powder Springs to Douglasville and perhaps further.
…Wind Advisory remains in effect until 9 PM EDT this evening… …Freeze warning in effect from midnight EDT tonight to 9 am EST Sunday…
The National Weather Service in Peachtree City has issued a freeze warning…which is in effect from midnight tonight to 9 am Sunday. A Wind Advisory is also in effect until 9 PM this evening.
* Locations…mainly along and north of a line from Columbus to Covington to Athens.
* Winds…northwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* Timing…Wind Advisory through Saturday. Freeze warning late tonight and early Sunday morning.
* Impacts…strong winds could cause driving difficulties. Loose or unsecured items may be blown around. Freezing temperatures could damage or kill vegetation.
* Temperatures…in the upper 20s to lower 30s late tonight and early Sunday morning.
A freeze warning means freezing temperatures are forecast to threaten outdoor plants. Those with agricultural interests in the warned area are advised to harvest or protect tender vegetation.
A Wind Advisory means that sustained wind speeds of at least 20 mph…or gusts to 35 mph or stronger are expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult… especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.