… Wind Advisory in effect from 7 am to 7 PM EST Wednesday…
The National Weather Service in Peachtree City has issued a Wind
Advisory… which is in effect from 7 am to 7 PM EST Wednesday.
* Locations… north and central Georgia
* winds… northwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* Timing… 7am to 7pm Wednesday
* impacts… with the recent rain and moist soils small to medium
branches and weak trees may be downed. High profile vehicles may
be difficult to drive with the gusty winds. With the cold
temperatures… exposure to the wind could lead to frostbite if
not properly clothed. If you must be outside for long periods of
time… make sure you cover all exposed skin from the wind!
A Wind Advisory means that sustained wind speeds of at least
20 mph… or gusts to 35 mph or stronger are
expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult…
especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
… Flood Watch remains in effect from 7 am EST this morning
through Wednesday morning…
The Flood Watch continues for
* portions of north central Georgia… northeast Georgia and
* From 7 am EST this morning through Wednesday morning
* storm total rainfall amounts of 2 to 3 inches are forecast to
begin in north Georgia tonight and end on Wednesday morning.
Isolated higher amounts will be possible. This will include
the Atlanta Metro area.
* Flooding will be possible with periods of heavy rain over the
same areas. Also… storm drains and ditches may become quickly
clogged with debris and leaves which could cause extensive
street flooding and Road ponding.
A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on
You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible
flood warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be
prepared to take action should flooding develop.