… Red flag warning in effect from 10 am to 7 PM EDT Friday for
gusty north winds and low relative humidity for much of north and
The National Weather Service in Peachtree City has issued a red
flag warning for areas mainly along and north of a Columbus to
Macon to Washington line... which is in effect from 10 am to 7 PM
* Winds... 15 to 20 mph gusting 25 to 30 mph... with greater wind
speeds likely in the higher elevations of north Georgia.
* Timing... 10 am to 7 PM Friday.
* Relative humidity... 25 to 35 percent.
* Impacts... any ongoing wildfires or additional fires that might
develop will likely spread rapidly. Outdoor burning of any kind
is strongly discouraged and already banned in most locations.
* Additional information... fire danger conditions also exists
for areas south of the red flag warning area and outdoor burning
is not recommended there.
This warning includes the Chattahoochee and Oconee National
forests. A red flag warning means that critical fire weather
conditions will occur within 24 hours.
Please refer to the local burn permitting authorities on whether
you may burn outdoors. If you do burn outside... use extreme
Please advise the appropriate officials or fire crews in the
field of the red flag warning for Friday.