…Wind Advisory in effect from 7 am to 9 PM EDT Saturday… …Freeze watch in effect from late Saturday night through Sunday morning…
The National Weather Service in Peachtree City has issued a Wind Advisory…which is in effect from 7 am to 9 PM EDT Saturday. A freeze watch has also been issued. This freeze watch is in effect from late Saturday night through Sunday morning.
* Locations…north and most of central Georgia.
* Winds…northwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph. These winds will also result in wind chill values in the lower 20s Saturday morning.
* Timing…Wind Advisory all day Saturday. Freeze watch late Saturday night through Sunday morning.
* Impacts…strong winds could cause driving difficulties. Loose or unsecured items may be blown around. Freezing temperatures Saturday night could damage or kill vegetation.
* Temperatures…lows tonight in the mid to upper 30s. Highs Saturday in the upper 40s to lower 50s. Lows Saturday night in the upper 20s to lower 30s.
A Wind Advisory means that sustained wind speeds of at least 20 mph…or gusts to 35 mph or stronger are expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult… especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
A freeze watch means conditions are favorable for a freeze event in and close to the watch area. Those with agricultural interests in the watch area should make preparations to protect sensitive vegetation and Young trees.