… Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 1 PM EST this
… Wind Chill Advisory in effect until noon EST today…
The National Weather Service in Peachtree City has issued a Wind
Chill Advisory… which is in effect until noon EST today.
* Locations… extreme north Georgia down to parts of the west
Atlanta Metro area. This includes Atlanta and all of the
* Hazard types… black ice and wind chills. Some tress and
branches could fall or break with the gusty winds.
* Timing… until 100 PM today.
* Impacts… roads… including bridges and overpasses… could be
slick making travel extremely hazardous. Some trees and branches
could fall or break with the gusty winds.
* Winds… becoming northwest winds at 15 to 25 mph with gusts to
* Wind chills… winds chills will range between 5 degrees above
zero to 10 degrees below zero for a few hours this morning.
A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow… sleet
and ice are expected or occurring or travel from recent snow and
ice could be dangerous.
A Wind Chill Advisory means that very cold air and strong winds
will combine to generate low wind chills. This will result in
frost bite and lead to hypothermia if precautions are not taken.
If you must venture outdoors… make sure you wear a hat and