The previous watch has been upgraded to a warning:
… Winter Storm Warning in effect from 4 PM Friday to 1 PM EST
The National Weather Service in Peachtree City has issued a
Winter Storm Warning for north and portions of central Georgia… which
is in effect from 4 PM Friday to 1 PM EST Saturday. The Winter
Storm Watch is no longer in effect.
* Locations… much of north and parts of west central Georgia…
generally north of a line from Hamilton to Forsyth to Lexington.
This includes all of the Atlanta Metro area.
* Hazard types… snow.
* Accumulations… 2 to 4 inches with locally higher amounts.
* Timing… beginning early Friday evening as a rain… snow… or
sleet mix… becoming all snow overnight Friday night. The snow
will end from west to east through the morning Saturday.
* Impacts… roads will become slick making travel hazardous.
Snowfall may be heavy at times. Travel could quickly
become dangerous. Exercise extreme caution if travel is
* Winds… northwest winds at 10 to 15 mph with gusts to 25 mph.
* Temperatures… temperatures Friday evening will be in the low to
mid 30s… falling into the mid to upper 20s by Saturday morning.
Highs will be in the 30s Saturday afternoon… and some areas may
struggle to rise above freezing.
A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow are
expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow are forecast
that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an emergency. If
you must travel… keep an extra flashlight… food… and water in
your vehicle in case of an emergency. Strong winds are also
possible… which will also make travel very hazardous or