… Winter Storm Watch in effect from Monday evening through
The National Weather Service in Peachtree City has issued a
Winter Storm Watch… which is in effect from Monday evening
through Tuesday afternoon.
* Locations… portions of north Georgia… mainly along and north
of a line from Carrollton to Atlanta to Homer.
* Hazard types… snow possibly mixed with freezing rain or sleet.
* Accumulations… 1 to 2 inches of snow with 2 to 3 across the
north Georgia mountains and up to 4 inches in the northeast
* Timing… Monday night into Tuesday.
* Impacts… snow covered roads will make travel difficult Monday
night into Tuesday. Given snowfall amounts and
temperatures… these impacts may last into mid week.
* Winds… north to northeast around 5 to 10 mph with gusts up to
* Temperatures… in the lower 30s Monday night warming into the
mid to upper 30s on Tuesday.
* Uncertainty… there is still considerable uncertainty in this
forecast and snowfall amounts are expected to change leading up
to the event. Folks across north Georgia and even parts of
central Georgia should monitor this situation closely.
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow… sleet… or ice accumulations that may impact travel.
Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.