…Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 7 am Monday to 7 am EST Tuesday…
The National Weather Service in Peachtree City has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for a wintry mix of freezing rain and sleet…which is in effect from 7 am Monday to 7 am EST Tuesday. The Winter Storm Watch is no longer in effect.
* Accumulations…trace amounts of sleet with a glaze of freezing rain possible.
* Locations…north of a line from Buchanan to Buckhead to Danielsville.
* Hazard types…a brief mix of freezing rain and sleet.
* Timing…precipitation will begin after sunrise Monday morning as a mix of sleet and freezing rain…transitioning to a mix of freezing rain and rain by Monday afternoon. The advisory area should be all rain by Monday evening. Brief light freezing rain will again be possible towards sunrise Tuesday as precipitation begins to move out.
* Impacts…a glaze of ice may result in hazardous travel especially along bridges and overpasses. Elevated surfaces may also see a light glaze. Black ice will likely form Tuesday night…resulting in continued travel difficulties beyond the end of the advisory period.
* Winds…southeast around 10 mph by Monday afternoon shifting to the northwest toward Tuesday morning.
* Temperatures…lows in the mid to upper 20s Monday morning increasing to the upper 30s to lower 40s Monday afternoon. Low temperatures Monday night and Tuesday morning should drop into the upper 20s.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow…sleet…or freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities…and use caution while driving.